When Do Acne Leave Scars
If you do not tinker with your acne, you will have no acne scars and you will not have the problem on how to get rid of acne scars. Acne scars mostly appear when you have the habit of picking with your pimples and zits. So, do not touch your pimples so you do not need to get rid of acne scars. If you develop acne cysts, they will unavoidably leave behind a scar. Acne scars could either be ice pick, boxcar (similar to scars from chicken pox), rolling (wavelike scars), or hypertrophic scars (raised and uneven scars).
How to Get Rid of Acne Scars?
Regardless of what type of scar your pimples leave, do not worry because there are natural ways on how to get rid of pimple scars. Here are some of the most common home remedies:
- Leave lemon juice on your skin for about 15 minutes. This is one of the most effective ways to get rid of acne scars.
- Mix one teaspoon each of oatmeal, yogurt and sour cream. Add about 3 drops of lemon juice and make the mixture into a face mask. Apply the mask on your face and leave it for 15 minutes before rinsing.
- Apply fresh tomato juice on your acne scar. Tomato juice contains a lot of antioxidants and is an effective on how to get rid of pimple scars.
- Dilute 1 part of apple cider vinegar with 4 parts of water and use the mixture as a toner.
- Extract mint juice from mint leaves and apply on your acne scar for about 15 minutes.
How to Avoid Having Acne Scars
How to get rid of pimple scars should not have been your problem if you did not have pimple scars in the first place. Avoid having pimple scars with these three golden rules: Don’t pick on your pimples; wash your face regularly; wash your pillows regularly and avoid touching your face. Follow these rules and you will not have to worry about how to get rid of acne scars.